There can be two reasons:
1. Some Android phones and/or operating systems will not be compatible with the ReSound Control app. If you do not see the app on Google Play it is because the app is not compatible with your phone model and/or your operating system. Minimum requirement for operating system is 2.3.5.
2. The app is not available in your country. Please see question ‘In which countries is the app available on the App Store or Google Play?’
Simply tap the launch icon on the home screen of your mobile device to activate the app. An entry flow will begin:
• Step 1: Do you want to connect now or run in demo mode? Choose connect now.
• Step 1a: (Only on Android) Required devices: We inform you that you need ReSound wireless hearing aids and the ReSound Phone Clip+ (released Dec. 2012) to operate the app.
• Step 3: We recommend that you disable any lock sounds, keyboard clicks and other touch sounds on your mobile device to improve your user experience. This is usually done under Settings and Sound.
• Step 4: You’re ready to run ReSound Control. If you need any guidance on how the app works or how to pair to the ReSound Phone Clip+, that information is available under Settings.
Whenever the ReSound Phone Clip+ detects that there is a sound from the mobile device, it assumes you will want to hear that sound in your hearing aids so it automatically changes to a phone streaming program. It will change right back when the sound stops. You can limit this by disabling unnecessary sounds, for example lock sounds and keyboard clicks (disable under Settings on your mobile device) and you can also set text message and other alerts to Vibrate Only, not tone.
On an Apple device: Put your finger on the launch icon on the home screen and keep it there until it starts ‘shaking’ and a little ‘x’ appears. Tap the ‘x’ to delete the app. Confirm deletion. Then press the Home button to return your home screen to normal.
On an Android device: Ways to remove apps vary on Android devices – please consult your smartphone user guide.