The placement of the microphone in the concha gives the hearing aid user a much better sound experience. With RM hearing aids the user will experience clear benefits in 3 key areas, compared to conventional custom products:
- Natural directionality – RM delivers a 2-3 dB increase1 in speech frequencies, leading to as much as 30% better word recognition2
- Natural Wind noise protection - In trials of RM solutions, over 97% of test subjects said they weren’t bothered by wind noise3
- Natural sound localization - In a recent study4, conventional instruments that could be expected to perform highly in sound localization tests were compared against the new wave of instruments based on RM technology. Results showed the latter were far more effective in front-back localization
1) Source: L. Picinali, A. Mancuso, G. Vercellesi 2009 - (LIMSI-CNRS, Orsay, France) / (DICO-LIM, Unimi, Milano, Italy).
2) Source: 2008, trials conducted at University of Giessen, Germany
3) Source: 2008, trials conducted internally at ReSound
4) Source: 2009, T. Van den Bogært, E. Carette, J. Wouters, The Catholic University in Leuven, Belgium