Frequently asked questions
Setup & configuration
The Hearing aids need to be paired to the ReSound Phone Clip+ to create a private link for further communication, as well as to allow information to be transferred between the devices.
Your hearing care professional will be able to complete the pairing process via dedicated fitting software.
The hearing aids can also be paired to the ReSound Phone Clip+ by:
- pressing the white pairing button hidden under the silver cap on the ReSound Phone Clip+ and,
- opening and closing the battery doors on the hearing aids within 20 seconds.
The ReSound Phone Clip+ works with a wide range of Bluetooth devices. To find compatible devices look for products supporting one or more of the following Bluetooth profiles: Hands free, Headset. Both profiles are supported by the ReSound Phone Clip+.
The ReSound Phone Clip+ enables your hearing aids to function as a headset for Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones and landline phones.
For Bluetooth pairing guidance please refer to www.resound.com/PairPhone
The pairing procedure is controlled by your mobile phone. Different mobile phones have different menu structures. You should therefore refer to your mobile phone’s manual if you cannot complete the pairing procedure with the generic steps described here:
1. Turn your ReSound Phone Clip+ ON and remove the silver cap.
2. Find the connectivity settings on your phone. Look for the “Bluetooth” feature in the main menu or one of the submenus, such as “Connectivity”. (Refer to your mobile phone user guide or www.resound.com/PairPhone for more detailed instructions.)
3. On your mobile phone, ensure that Bluetooth is turned ON.
4. Press the small blue Bluetooth pairing button one time to activate Bluetooth pairing mode for two minutes. The LED indicator will turn blue during Bluetooth pairing.
5. On the mobile phone search for Bluetooth devices. For Bluetooth pairing guidance please refer to www.resound.com/PairPhone
6. Your mobile phone should present a list of Bluetooth devices discovered. Select “Hearing Aid Phone” from this list.
7. Your mobile phone may then ask you to enter a passcode. If so, enter “0000” (four zeros).
Your ReSound Phone Clip+ should now be paired to your mobile phone. Some mobile phones may ask which
Bluetooth service you wish to enable. Select “Headset”."
Up to 8 Bluetooth devices can be paired with the ReSound Phone Clip+, but only 2 Bluetooth device can be connected/active at a time.
As a default, the ReSound Phone Clip+ will automatically try to connect to the last two Bluetooth devices it has been connected to.
When pairing in an additional Bluetooth device, the list of devices that the ReSound Phone Clip+ is connected to will be cleared. Therefore, previous connections have to be added manually through the Bluetooth menu on the phone.
Example: If you use one phone (1) with the ReSound Phone Clip+ and you then pair in an additional phone (2), phone (1) will be cleared from the list of connected devices, and has to be added/activated manually through the Bluetooth menu on the phone.
Use & operation
Turn ON your ReSound Phone Clip+ by sliding the ON/OFF switch down to the ON position.
A white ”I” icon will be visible on the base of the switch and the LED indicator will now blink green every 2.5 seconds.
To turn your ReSound Phone Clip+ OFF, slide the ON/OFF switch upwards to the OFF position.
The LED will now stop blinking.
Yes - voice dialing is possible if this feature is available and configured in your mobile phone.
If voice dialing is configured in your mobile phone, voice dialing can be activated by holding the call pick-up/hang-up button for 2 seconds.
When a call is received on your mobile phone, the Bluetooth indicator will flash and you will hear the ringing tone in your hearing aids. You can accept the call in two ways:
1) To accept the incoming call, push the call pick-up/hang-up button once on your ReSound Phone Clip+. If you are wearing two hearing aids, the caller’s voice will be streamed to both of them.
2) You can also accept calls by pressing the accept button on your mobile phone.
To reject incoming calls double-click the call pick-up/hang-up button on the ReSound Phone Clip+.
You can also reject calls by pressing the reject button on your mobile phone.
To end a call via your ReSound Phone Clip+, push the call pick-up/hang-up button once. The call will terminate and your hearing aids will return to the last used program.
You can also end calls by pressing the appropriate button on your mobile phone.
a. The ReSound Phone Clip+ may be outside the range of the device you are trying to pair it with. Move the devices closer together and reattempt pairing.
b. ReSound Phone Clip+ may not be in pairing mode.
This could be caused by a number of things:
1) The ReSound Phone Clip+ is powered off: Power on the ReSound Phone Clip+.
2) The ReSound Phone Clip+ and mobile phone have not been paired: Go through the Bluetooth pairing process and establish a Bluetooth connection between the ReSound Phone Clip+ and the mobile phone.
3) The Bluetooth connection between The ReSound Phone Clip+ and the mobile phone is lost: Assure that Bluetooth is enabled in the mobile phone and establish a Bluetooth connection between The ReSound Phone Clip+ and the mobile phone again.
1) Maybe the ReSound Phone Clip+ and hearing aids are not within wireless range: Assure that ReSound Phone Clip+ and hearing aids are within wireless range.
2) Maybe the battery in the hearing aid is so depleted that it no longer supports audio streaming: Replace the battery in the hearing aid with a new one.
When used with wireless the ReSound Alera family, the hearing instruments must be initially paired with a ReSound Remote Control 2 to enable the remote control functionality in the ReSound Phone Clip+.
Mute and stereo streaming is unavailable on Alera hearing instruments.