How the free online hearing test worksBefore starting the online hearing test we need a few details about your gender and age and to make sure your sound settings are adjusted correctly.
- Find a quiet area to complete the hearing test.
- Choose if you prefer to use your device speakers or headphones. Headphones will provide you with more accurate results, and unlike device speakers, will test your right and left ears individually.
- Make sure the volume is on and set at a comfortable level.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have read and understood how we process your data, in accordance with applicable data privacy law, including the General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') by reading and accepting the updated privacy consent statement here.
This online hearing test will help you identify difficulties with understanding speech in noise.
- You will hear different combinations of words first and then numbers, always in groups of three, while background noise varies.
- Select the three things you hear by selecting the corresponding icon or number shown to the left.
- If you get distracted and miss one of the words, you can press the replay button to have the last combination repeated.
- If you are using headphones, a hearing test will be done for both right and left ears.
- Finally, if you are using hearing aids, we recommend that you remove them while taking the test.
The ReSound online hearing test does not replace a visit to a hearing care professional and it does not constitute a medical diagnosis. If you think that you are experiencing hearing loss, we advise you to consult a professional hearing care specialist who can conduct a more comprehensive examination.