How does the online hearing test work?This test will help you check your hearing and identify difficulties with understanding speech in noise. You can conduct the test at home completely free of charge.
Here is how to get most accurate result and what to expect:
- Find a quiet area to complete the hearing test.
- When you start the test, we ask you to enter your gender and age and then make sure your sound settings are adjusted correctly.
- Choose if you prefer to use your device speakers or headphones. Headphones will provide you with more accurate results, and unlike device speakers, will test your right and left ears individually.
- Make sure the volume is on and set at a comfortable level.
- You will hear different combinations of words first and then numbers, always in groups of three, while background noise varies.
- Select the three things you hear by selecting the corresponding icon or number shown to the left.
- If you get distracted and miss one of the words, you can press the replay button to have the last combination repeated.
- If you are using headphones, a hearing test will be done for both right and left ears.
- Finally, if you are using hearing aids, we recommend that you remove them while taking the test.
- Instant result - once you’ve completed the test, the result will be shown on the screen immediately.
Are online hearing tests accurate?
This online hearing test tool was developed in collaboration with Charlotte Thunberg Jespersen, Director Audiology Development, ReSound and MA Speech and Hearing Science, University of Copenhagen.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you have read and understood how we process your data, in accordance with applicable data privacy law, including the General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') by reading and accepting the updated privacy consent statement here.